Some lessons from our November guest, Doris Chsitopher, Founder of the Pampered Chef:
- Have confidence in the leader who is taking over – succession is easier when you have trust!
- Put the business first; it is not about you. You’re serving the higher purpose of the business mission.
- Never set up employee promotions and contests where only one person can win. It becomes a disincentive instead of an incentive program.
- Diverse teams with a variety of skill sets are vital to success.
- Don’t fixate on what holds you back. Focus on how you can be more effective because of what you have and who you are.
- Hold on to your faith and family. You will not feel fulfilled in a job that asks you to choose between your life and your work.
- Collaboration is so important. Otherwise you’re subscribing to a very narrow bandwidth.
- Don’t expect people to do things you think are beneath you. Doris has worked in every role in her company.